As Christmas approaches, I am sitting here at the local coffee shop trying to think of what to write to you guys, the TTS nation.
Earlier I planned on writing you about training during the holiday season, and how to stay consistent during this hectic time of year.
But all that keeps popping into my head is how truly grateful I am.
How grateful I am that I can reach all of you with one click, and that you guys actually care enough about what I have to say that you subscribed to this list in the first place.
I am truly honored and humbled that you give me the opportunity to share my life’s purpose and passion with you a couple of times a week.
I sit back and think about how far TTS has come, and how all of you made that possible.
When I first opened Tutela Training Systems in Clark I created our mission statement. That is, to educate, motivate and inspire everyone to become the best version of themselves, mentally and physically.
It doesn’t matter if you are a raw beginner, experienced lifter, athlete, male or female, I do my very best to help give every single one of you all that I have to give.
To help guide you on your path.
I speak primarily from my own experiences, and give you guys the advice that was once given to me and applied on myself.
Through trial and error, I have learned so much, not only about training and nutrition, but self-development and life as well.
I have taken classes, seminars, workshops, invested in coaching and read countless books on all of the above topics.
Some of the information has been LIFE CHANGING for me, and I hope that you begin to apply the information that I constantly preach to your own life, because I can tell you from experience how well it has worked for me.
So as a thank you during this holiday season, I want to give you all some advice that can change your life TODAY, in whatever area you feel needs some improvement.
Here we go…
1. Set goals and write them down: If you are serious about a goal, write it down. That alone takes it from just a thought to a reality. READ YOUR GOALS EVERYDAY to remind yourself of what you want. Most people forget which is why they fail.
2. Write out an action plan: Setting a goal is great, however most people don’t have a clue on how to attain it. Beneath the goals you write down, write out a clear step by step action plan on how to achieve them. This gives you clear cut actionable steps that you can take each day that will bring you closer to your goal.
3. Wake up early: Waking up just 15 minutes earlier each day gives you an extra 105 minutes per week, 420 minutes per month and 5,460 minutes per year that you can put towards your goal. That could be applied to any goal you may have. Most people say they don’t have time to …fill in the blank. MAKE THE FUCKING TIME. You want to make more money, change careers, get fit, have better relationships, wake up earlier and work on it.
4. Have a daily ritual: Having a morning routine is something that has changed my life. It has given me the time I need to work on myself and get better, as well as get more work done for my business. On a typical day, my morning ritual goes like this.
6am: wake, bathroom routine.
6:30am- 7am: Read
7am: Read goals and action plan for the day
7:05am-7:25am: Walk and listen to educational podcasts or something motivational
7:25am- 8:10am: Write, design programs, design diets, finish any work
8:10am- 8:25am: Breakfast
8:25am: Read passages from Bruce Lee
8:30am: Leave for work and continue listening to podcast
Now your routine does not have to be 2.5 hours right away. You can start with just 15 minutes, but I will bet that you will start getting up earlier and earlier once you see the impact this makes on your life.
5. Do not check any texts, social media or email until you finish your morning routine: Most people are reactive instead of proactive. You are forced to react to your phone or laptop before you can take action on your own life. This is something that has freed up a tremendous amount of my time and allows me to get so much more done.
6. Be completely present: We have a limited time on this earth. This day and age we are constantly distracted. When you are with your family or friends, out to dinner with someone, at an event or just having a conversation, TURN YOUR FUCKING PHONE OFF. I cannot stand when I am trying to talk to someone and they are lost in their fantasy football score. Get the most out of the time you have on this planet and start to focus on the relationships you have with those around you. Talk to people, and truly listen to them. Don’t live distracted. You never know what you are going to miss.
7. Read every day: They say the difference between you today and you five years from now is the people you meet and the books you read. I am far from perfect but I strive to get better every day. If you want to change your life you have to dedicate time to reading books that can help you.
8. Make training and good nutrition a priority: I believe that if you truly want the most of your life you need to consistently train and eat well. How can you be your best if you have no energy and no confidence? Not to mention increase your chances of living longer and feeling better. Eating real food and hard training will make you better all around. Period.
9. Sleep: If you are not getting adequate sleep each night you won’t have the energy to dominate your life. Sleep 7-9 hours every night.
10. Time block: When you block out your day and focus solely on what you have scheduled for yourself it is much easier to get stuff done. Set time aside for your most meaningful work of the day and eliminate all other distractions. Also don’t forget time for the stuff you enjoy. Hanging with friends and family, playing an instrument, practicing a martial art or sport… It’s important to set time aside for fun. If you are all work and no play you will never be truly happy and burn out fast.
11. Focus on your one big thing for the day: So many people fall into the trap of trying to multitask, thinking they will get more work done. When you try to multitask you end up just being busy and not producing any quality work. When you work off of your time block and focus on your one big thing, instead of many lesser important things, you will get more done in way less time. Trust me, this was an absolute game changer in my life and has helped me in more ways than one. I highly recommend the book “The One Thing” by Gary Keller to help you with this.
12. Work harder than everyone else and create freedom: In order to achieve the things you want you have to execute. And that doesn’t mean just going through the motions. If you want to be great at something, or have great results, you have to work like someone that is possessed. How you do anything is how you’ll do everything, so if you approach something half-assed you can certainly expect half-assed results in other areas of your life as well. I will say with confidence that if I fail at something, it is never due to a lack of effort. Failure is a part of your journey, but when you do fail you must reflect on why. If you realize you could have worked just a little bit harder, make sure that never fucking happens again. When you work your ass off and focus on your one big thing for the day, you will create freedom for yourself that you have been looking for all along.
Take the time to read this post more than once. I know some of the things on here seem overly simple, but that’s just it. We tend to overlook the beauty of simplicity and try to overcomplicate everything. These simple tips are absolutely life changing, and I have spent many hours (and dollars) studying and practicing them.
Don’t be the one to miss out on your true potential because you didn’t take the time to execute. Apply yourself and unleash the greatness living inside. You owe it to yourself and the others around you.
Again, I thank every single one of you that takes the time to read, share and most of all, apply the information I share with you. I promise that I will continue to do my very best and give you everything I got in 2017 to help you take your health, fitness and life to the next level.
I wish all of you a very happy and safe holiday season.
Thanks for reading!